1. If you are injured immediately seek medical treatment, you can go to a local urgent care or the hospital.
2. If you have been injured in a motorcycle or auto accident it is in your best interest to contact an experienced attorney immediately.
3. If you do not have health insurance, the attorney can refer you to doctors that will give you the medical treatment you need on a “lien” basis. When a doctor goes on a lien, the doctor is agreeing to wait until the case is resolved to be paid.
4. DO NOT GIVE ANY STATEMENTS TO THE INSURANCE ADJUSTERS. Do not give a statement even to your own insurance company without first consulting with an experienced attorney.
5. Take your vehicle to a reliable body shop and get an estimate for the damages.
6. Take photographs of your vehicle from every angle before you turn the vehicle over to the body shop.
7. You are entitled to a rental vehicle. If you do no t receive a rental vehicle you are entitled to loss of use to your vehicle at the daily rental rate comparable to your vehicle.
8. Keep track of all your paperwork including any medical bills, medical records, letters from the insurance companies, police report documentation and your vehicle appraisal.